Monday, March 19, 2012

On Trying Not to Repeat Myself

I have been writing this blog long enough now (a little over two years) that I occasionally can’t remember if I have already written about a certain author or topic. I do have a “system” of keeping track; it is elementary and low-tech, but it works. I have a document on which I list all my post titles by date, and also by category (books, authors, reading, lists, etc.); whenever I do a new post, I immediately enter that information on those lists. However, now that I am up to almost 600 posts, if I have a question about a prior post, or a possible prior post, even looking up a specific topic is not absolutely simple or quick. The “find” function on Word is helpful but not infallible. I would be highly embarrassed if I repeated myself. Although probably very few readers would remember, I am guessing someone would. So I hope my memory, backed up by my recording system, keeps me from making that mistake!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't noticed your repeating anything. I sometimes use the search feature on your blog to look up a certain book. I wonder if that would help you. Congrats on finding something new and fresh to say almost every day for over two years! (And ps I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if you did repeat yourself occasionally!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion, Mary. And thanks for those kind words!

      Delete

 
Site Meter